You have a split second to convey your message to consumers and capture their attention. Digital media provides the easiest, most effective way to attract customers—whenever and wherever they may be—gain their trust and, ultimately, win their business.
LISTEN TO THIS ARTICLE:
Today, before making a purchase, consumers want more information than ever. As a result, the buying cycle has become a much longer process. Therefore, businesses are tasked with providing multiple opportunities for their customers to engage and interact with their brand in meaningful ways for extended periods.
When it comes to implementing a strategy to reach your prospective customers and hold their attention for as long as possible, time after time, digital media campaigns come out on top.
This is why your business needs to have a marketing plan in place that consistently delivers powerful targeted media across multiple channels.
1. What digital media is and does
In a relatively short span, we’ve seen media evolve from print to radio to television to the internet. At its core, digital media is simply digitized content delivered across any medium. Digital audio, video, webpages, PDF documents, electronic newspapers and magazines, podcasts, social media, and broadcast media delivered through digital technology are all examples of digital content. Think of it as any content created, consumed and shared in a digital format. The real takeaway here is that digital media allows you to deliver your message in a format that is naturally engaging to your prospects and customers.
If you think this is all too new, consider this entry published a century ago by the Institute of Business Science in Advertising Mediums:
No matter how strong the message may be, the right result cannot be obtained unless the message reaches the right people and reaches them in the most effective way. – Advertising Mediums, © 1919
A sound marketing plan will include digital media campaigns to establish and strengthen your company’s presence across digital platforms so that you can effectively:
- Reach consumers on the web and the go.
- Boost search engine optimization (SEO) to make it easier for your customers to find you.
- Stand out among your competitors in the marketplace.
- Deliver a message that is more engaging and relatable.
- Enhance the way consumers interact with your company and compel them to act.
- Provide content that is more accessible, shareable and searchable so your customers can tell their story and, in turn, tell yours.
2. How digital media helps you talk with consumers about your business
There are many compelling reasons to leverage digital media to talk with consumers about your business. For instance, to be helpful and drive engagement, you might use a branded video campaign to tell your company’s story in a way that builds trust or to provide in-depth information about your products and services.
In effect, digital media provides more opportunities for you to effectively market your business with more credibility than ever before. For example, using powerful testimonials on your website and social media platforms can boost your brand’s reputation. Stories and images that illustrate your staff’s commitment to excellence and teamwork can provide a glimpse into the kind of service your customers might expect.
Ultimately, well-crafted digital media draws on the human experience to make your brand more credible and relatable. This helps you connect with your customers naturally and talk about your business in a compelling way.
3. How to measure your digital media’s usefulness
For digital media to have merit, it must reach and capture the attention of your intended audience and be believable. Here are three ways to measure the usefulness of your digital content:
Attention value is measured by the degree of probability that your media will reach your prospective customers and capture their attention.
Once your media has captured the attention of your audience, user interest is used to indicate how much thought or consideration will be given to your message.
Finally, user confidence is an indicator of whether your prospects and customers believe that your message aligns with your company’s values; furthermore, that your chosen platform to deliver the message is trustworthy.
4. How to use digital media like a pro
It’s vital that your customers have a positive experience every time they engage with your brand. This is why it’s imperative to address any issues that might hamper their interaction with your digital content.
Here are some simple steps you can take to improve your customers’ experience and ensure your digital media has impact. Some of these you may already be doing:
- Make sure your media content is relevant and presented with context.
- Optimize your media for its intended platform so that there are no processing delays.
- Make sure you have legal rights to the content you are using.
- Invest in a paid hosting and streaming service such as Vimeo, Brightcove or Wistia, for your video content. There are no ads and you can customize your videos to match your brand. Avoid video-sharing services that serve up disreputable videos that pull viewers away from your content.
- Periodically check your online media content to ensure there are no broken links, outdated embed codes or content removed from the platforms you are using.
5. Weighing the benefits of digital media
When it comes to building your business, digital media offers many benefits. Its cost is fairly low compared to traditional forms of advertising. Plus, it’s easier to use across platforms than ever before. Digital media is nimble and easy to adjust. There’s no firing up the presses when you need to make changes. Also, your digital presence grows exponentially when you add more useful content, which encourages greater engagement and, in turn, helps build your business.
There are probably a number of companies that provide products and services similar to yours. Even if your customers are local, it’s still likely they are using online searches before making a purchase. And if they’re not engaged with your content when they conduct their research, they’re engaged with your competitor’s content.
If your business is going to maintain relevance in a cluttered, competitive marketplace, it’s essential for you to provide thoughtfully planned digital content to your customers on an ongoing basis.
- Digital media provides the most effective way to attract customers across platforms.
- Digital media allows you to deliver your message in a format that is naturally engaging to your audience.
- To be useful, your digital content must reach your customers on a trustworthy platform and compel them to consider your message.
- Digital media that is useful and compelling to your audience is ultimately more powerful.
- The strategic use of digital content is crucial for your company to thrive in today’s competitive marketplace.
At Loyel Media, we aim to empower businesses like yours with branded digital content that attracts more customers to help them succeed. Our creative media experts know how to produce compelling digital media and use it effectively to market your business. Let’s talk about new and inspiring ways to make digital media work for you.